Position Available: Youth Director
108 S. Manitou Dr.
Mankato, MN 56001
Salary between $17,500 to $22,500 depending on experience and education. Benefits eligible.
The youth director is responsible for all aspects of the youth program including, but not limited to the following:
• Disciple youth towards a deep personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Recruit, train, develop, supervise, and equip volunteer leaders and teams to work with students. Volunteer program should be developed to include multi-generational teams.
• Establish a youth mission program.
• Assist with confirmation program as directed by the pastor.
• Plan, promote, and lead special events for youth, families, and community.
• Communicate effectively using a variety of medium with families, youth, and community.
• Develop and maintain appropriate social media in collaboration with various groups in church community.
• Engage in relational style ministry, intentionally attending significant school, sports and family events to reach students and provide opportunities for church youth.
• Participate on a collaborative level on the Youth Ministry Action Team and advocate for youth ministry and mentor potential interns within Youth Ministry.
• Attend and participate in staff meetings as directed by the pastor.
• Be present for significant events at church, including Sunday morning service. Be intentional about greeting and inviting visitors to programs. Make contact with visitors with youth following visits to church.
• Provide care and mentoring for youth. Be aware of resources in the community should referrals be necessary for additional counseling or other services for youth. Be prepared to work with students and families in crisis situations should the need arise.
• Maintain appropriate balance of spiritual and fellowship opportunities in youth program. Plan creative youth activities to allow youth to connect with God and grow in their faith.
• Effectively collaborate with Youth Ministry Action Team events that include multiple age groups.
• Work within the established framework of various committees, such as Mission Committee, Lay Ministry Committee, Fellowship Committee, and others as needed when planning events that span multiple areas of ministry. Share resources with other committees and organizations at church as appropriate.
• Be a voting leader and advocate for youth ministry on the Church Administrative Council.
• This position reports to the pastor.
The successful candidate will display the following characteristics:
• Leadership skills in leading, recruiting, training, and inspiring volunteers and students.
• Organizational skills—the ability to carry out plans to completion and meet deadlines.
• Deep commitment to Christ, personally and professionally. Demonstrate integrity and commitment to the ministry of Hilltop Church, and a missional heart.
• A team leader who is willing to work on a collaborative basis with other church staff.
• Solid working knowledge of scripture.
• Strong communication skills. Candidate must be able to communicate effectively throughout the organization and the community at large.
• Ability to form healthy relationships with students, volunteers, families, and congregation.
• Conflict resolution and negotiation skills necessary.
• Four year college degree is preferred.
• Verified effective experience in working with youth organizations, either volunteer or paid.
• Preference given to candidate willing to commit to 3-5 years and live in the community.
Send resume and cover letter, including experience, references, and a personal testimony (story of your relationship with God or spiritual auto-biography) to:
108 S. Manitou Dr.
Mankato, MN 56001-5658
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment contingent upon successful completion of background check.
2015 Minnesota Annual Conference session preview: minnesotaumc.org/news/2015-annu…