Bishop Bruce Ough oversees the Dakotas-Minnesota Episcopal Area of the United Methodist Church. This area comprises two separately governed conferences: Dakotas Annual Conference and Minnesota Annual Conference. Bishops facilitate strategies for equipping Christians for service in the church and world.
Contact the bishop
The bishop's assistant
The administrative assistant to Bishop Bruce Ough is Sheilah Kyburz. She has served professionally in the administrative ministry of the United Methodist Church for over 30 years. She became administrative assistant to the bishop in the former Minnesota Area episcopal office in 1990. Now she also works closely with staff in the Dakotas Conference offices. Read more about Sheilah here.
Unleashing new life prayer movement
Bishop Ough urges United Methodists in Minnesota and the Dakotas to join him in praying daily for:
- the Holy Spirit's breakthrough to renew and revive our churches, unleashing new life
- our clergy and lay leadership to be empowered to proclaim the Good News of Jesus' resurrection power and promise
- the Spirit to transform and boldly use us, without limits, delays, or excuses, to reach and make new disciples of Jesus Christ and to transform the world
- God's Spirit to work through us to raise the dead to new life
- We recommend printing it on card stock or heavy paper.
- Cut down the middle (shorter width of page) to make two table tents. Fold along line.
- Print as many as you want (on 81/2 by 11 paper) for church members.
Bishop Ough's priorities
Bishop Ough has much experience in episcopal leadership and other church ministries. Read about his ministry priorities for the new Dakotas-Minnesota Episcopal Area.